Membership is composed of a parent representative from each of the Elementary and Secondary Catholic School councils. Members are elementary and secondary school parents who are chairpersons, and/or persons of good standing that have been elected.
- One Trustee
- One Supervisory Officer
- Director of Education
- One Principal
- Parent Representation
Mandate of the Parent Involvement Committee (PIC)
- Facilitate communication among the Catholic School Councils and the Board.
- Recommend resources such as Catholic speakers, workshops, literature on School Councils and provide training sessions to Catholic School Councils.
- Report regularly to the Board through the RPIC meeting minutes.
Objectives for the Parent Involvement Committee (PIC)
- To provide orientation, in-service training sessions and networking opportunities for Catholic School Council Chairs and members.
- To share information and to encourage RPIC input on Board initiatives, task forces and committees.
- To conduct commissioning of all chairperson(s) of all Sudbury Catholic District School Board councils annually.
Role of the Parent Involvement Committee (PIC)
- Attend all scheduled meetings.
- Uphold the mandate of the RPIC.
- Act as a liaison between the local Catholic School Councils and the Central Committee.
- Facilitate networking opportunities for local Catholic School Councils at the Family of Schools Level.
- Maintain a communication link to promote the sharing of information among Catholic School Councils within the Region of the Sudbury Catholic District School Board.