Sudbury Catholic District School Board of Trustees
School Board Trustees are locally-elected representatives within the Sudbury Catholic District School Board jurisdiction. Trustees provide strategic direction, oversight and pledge to conduct Board business in a manner that is consistent with the Mission, Vision and Values of the Sudbury Catholic District School Board. Trustees provide a commitment to promote gospel values and the provision of quality faith-based Catholic education for Sudbury Catholic School students and engage with the public to build understanding, guidance and active support for publicly funded Catholic education.
Municipal elections are taking place Monday, October 24, 2022. This page was created to provide several resources and important dates to help provide interested applicants with a greater understanding of the election process. For more information, candidates are encouraged to visit the 2022 Ontario Municipal & School Board Elections website.
|May 2, 2022||Nomination and Campaign Period Begins|
|August 19, 2022||Last day to be nominated|
|August 19, 2022||Final day for withdrawal of candidacy|
|October 24, 2022||Voting Day|
|November 15, 2022||School Board term of office begins|
|November 14, 2026||School Board term of office ends|
Use of Board Resources During School Board Election Campaign
While trustees are expected to continue to use their board-issued resources to fulfil their duties as a member of the Board, they are not to use them for campaign-related purposes. School Board resources may include: facilities, equipment, supplies, services, funds, branding, staff time, computer, fax, telephone, laptop, tablet, website, newsletter, email, and board or school social media accounts. This includes any board-issued resources and any other information technology devices given to a Trustee for their work use as a Trustee of the board.
Activities during the campaign period:
- Trustees will not use their school board-issued resources for any campaign-related purposes. This includes displaying election-related materials in board facilities, or at board meetings, board events or school-related events.
- Trustees will use their personal information technology resources to create and use social media accounts created for campaign purposes. These are to be separate and distinct from any accounts used by the candidate in their position as a Trustee.
- The Board logo and the Board telephone number or other contact information, including any Board branding, will not be used in any campaign related materials.
- No advertising paid by the Board will contain the name of a Trustee candidate, unless the name of the Trustee is consistent with their duties and responsibilities as a current Trustee.
- Trustees must ensure that all campaign-related material is funded by the Trustee in their capacity as a candidate.
- Trustees will not use the Board’s email system to distribute or promote election-related campaign materials, messages, campaign sites, or social media accounts.
- Trustees or Trustee candidates will not use the services of Board staff to assist or advise in the preparation, distribution or communication of any election-related material.
- Current Trustees may continue to perform their duties which may include attending and participating in school-related activities and local events in schools but shall not campaign or conduct themselves in any way that may be perceived as campaigning.