Date Posted : Jan 24, 2019 12:00 am
Date Closed : Jun 30, 2019 12:00 am
various shifts and locations
Description of Position
Under the direction of the Operations Assistant/designate, cleaners perform various duties related to the cleaning of our schools/buildings in order to ensure clean, safe and healthy conditions at the school.
Salary is $16.84 per hour effective February 1, 2019. A comprehensive benefit package is provided for positions of 25 hours or more per week.
Interested applicants may submit a cover letter and resume along with the contact information for three professional references, as one electronic document to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote the job reference ‘Cleaner’ in the subject line. Interviews will be held periodically as applications are received and reviewed.
Please note that a satisfactory criminal record check including the vulnerable sector check is a condition of employment.
• Secondary (High) School diploma or equivalent
• Working knowledge of custodial processes & procedures and custodial
• Minimum 1 year cleaning experience
• Basic computer skills, e.g. handling e-mails
• Ability to communicate orally and in writing (English)
• Ability to comprehend detailed instructions
• Strong attention to detail
• Self-starter and ability to work with minimal supervision
• Ability to work in a team environment with a demonstrated customer service focus
• Ability to communicate and relate with people tactfully, diplomatically, and
professionally at all times
• Ability to attend work on a regular basis
• Valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle
• Job requires frequent walking, reaching, bending/stooping when wiping surfaces,
frequent pushing/pulling and gripping to hold all cleaning equipment and tools
• Lift up to 25 lbs and in rare circumstances up to 75 lbs.
If you require a disability-related accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, or if you have questions about this collection of information, please contact the Human Resources Department at (705) 673-5620.
In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, personal information is being collected under the authority of the Education Act and will be used for employee recruitment and selection purposes. For questions about collection of information during the recruitment process, please contact the Human Resources Services at (705) 673-5620.
All applicants are thanked for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.